Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Are There Any Vitamins for Fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia
Millions of people suffer from fibromyalgia, an enigmatic disease characterized by chronic pain, chronic fatigue, and a host of other symptoms afflicting multiple body systems. There is no known cure for fibromyalgia, but there are some vitamin supplements that may help with some of the symptoms. Helpful vitamins for fibromyalgia include:

 • 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)
• Alpha hydroxy acids
 • Magnesium
• Probiotic supplements

Although taking vitamins for fibromyalgia cannot cure the disease, they may help allay some of the many symptoms of the disorder, including pain, fatigue, digestive problems, and mood irregularities.

5-HTP for Fibromyalgia

5-hydroxytryptophan, (5-HTP) is a molecule that is converted by the body into the neurotransmitter serotonin. Many researchers believe that people with fibromyalgia may have low serotonin levels, which are associated with the fatigue, sleep disturbances, pain issues, and mood problems that are often found in this disorder. The recommended dosage of a 5-HTP supplement is 50-500 mg. It is often recommended to begin with a low dose and then increase the dosage gradually. Individuals who are on an SSRI or other drug that affects serotonin levels should use caution when taking a 5-HTP supplement.

Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Magnesium for Fibromyalgia

Alpha hydroxy acids are found in fruits. One type of acid within this group is malic acid, found in apples. In people with fibromyalgia, malic acid may help to relieve joint pain, especially when taken along with supplemental magnesium. A recommended dosage of malic acid is 1200-2400 mg and is often taken along with 300-600 mg of magnesium. The magnesium is important for the process of transporting the malic acid to the brain, where it plays a role in maintaining optimal serotonin levels.

Probiotics for Fibromyalgia

Gastrointestinal symptoms are common in fibromyalgia. These often take the form of nausea, constipation, or diarrhea. Probiotic supplements contain microflora, which are endosymbiotic microbes essential for digestion. In addition to the benefits of probiotics for digestion, recent studies have indicated that probiotics, especially those involving the bacterium, lactobacillus rhamnosus, may help to improve mood and facilitate better responses to stressful situations.

SAMe for Fibromyalgia

S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) is a naturally occurring compound that helps with many functions in the human body. Supplements of SAMe have been shown to be effective for some pain disorders, such as osteoarthritis. It may also function to elevate depressed mood, although researchers are not quite clear on the mechanisms by which this occurs. Especially in an injectable form, SAMe can help treat the pain, fatigue, morning stiffness, and depressed mood that often occur in fibromyalgia.

Melatonin for Fibromyalgia

There is not yet an adequate amount of research into the use of melatonin to treat sleep-related symptoms of fibromyalgia. Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone that is involved in the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle. Melatonin supplements are available over-the-counter as a sleep aid, and could potentially be helpful in normalizing the sleep-wake cycle in the context of fibromyalgia. Vitamins for fibromyalgia cannot cure the disease, but there are some supplements that may be helpful in treating some of the symptoms. 5-HTP and SAMe may help with abnormalities in serotonin level, which cause a depressed mood in people with fibromyalgia. Melatonin may be helpful for regulating the sleep-wake cycle, and magnesium and malic acid may help the chronic pain that is characteristic of the disease.

NEUROFEEDBACK FOR FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC PAIN

1 comment:

  1. TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) BY THE GREAT HEALER DOCTOR EHBOS
    Hello everyone I am here to testify of the great work Dr Ehbos did in my life with the help of his herbal traditional medicine. I have been suffering from Herpes since 2015 and ever since then I have been looking for solutions on how to cure it. I have being to different hospitals but I discovered none of them was working out for me that I was just wasting money. So I decided to live everything to God, then I was taking my medications to sustain my life and reduce the pains. So on this particular Sunday morning after coming back from service I sat down and begin to ask myself questions, then my phone rang behold it was my sister calling which I answered the call and she started telling me that a friend of hers who has been suffering from same herpes has just been cured by Dr Ehbos the herbal medicine man. Then I was over whelmed, even though I was a little bit confused so she encourage me to also give Dr Ehbos a trial and see for myself then I told her to help me get his contact and forward them to me, So immediately she got the contact of Dr Ehbos and send them to me, immediately I contacted Dr Ehbos and he told me everything I needed to do to enable me get the herbs for my medications and immediately i did that which he instructed me to do without wasting anytime. And here I am today sound and healthy without any symptoms of herpes or any sickness in my body system. And he also told me that there is no sickness on this planet earth that doesn’t have a cure that with the help of herbs he can cure any sickness or disease you can ever think off. So if you are suffering from HERPES or any other sickness or disease and you need a cure you can also contact Dr Ehbos with this Email Address at (drehbos@gmail.com) or add him on whatsapp +2348133505254 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony

    ReplyDelete